Mirantis has more experience delivering OpenStack clouds to more customers than any other company. We build the infrastructure that makes OpenStack work. We are profitable, have strong investors, and ample cash reserves. We are proud to be Founding sponsors of OpenStack, and to serve on the OpenStack Foundation Board.
What Linux was to open source and operating systems, OpenStack is to cloud computing. It makes programmable infrastructure vendor-neutral and frictionless to access, not to mention it unlocks distributed applications and accelerates innovation. OpenStack transforms virtualization from an efficiency to a whole new compute paradigm.
Mirantis is looking for a highly qualified and passionate deployment engineers who will be working in the team working in the area of Platform as a Service technologies. You will actively participate in all team activities related with architectural design, development, sprint planning, benchmarking and documenting, be responsible for deploying and maintaining all team infrastructure including Mirantis OpenStack installation, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenShift Origin v3, Kubernetes/Docker, code review and CI/CD solutions (Jenkins, Gerrit, Bamboo, Hudson). Hands-on experience with aforementioned technologies is not necessary but would be a big plus.
- Participation in design and implementation of cloud-ready applications for Community Application Catalog for Openstack
- Deployment and maintenance of Mirantis Openstack lab, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (and possible other CF distros), OpenShift, Kubernetes/Docker for PaaS team
- Automation of deployment of Openstack, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (and possible other CF distros), OpenShift, Kubernetes/Docker and other technologies used to build PaaS applications
- Future participation in the OpenStack community and Open Source community (mailing lists, meetups, conferences). Existing experience in this is welcome.
- Tight cooperation with other Mirantis teams (QA, Murano, Fuel, …) distributed all around the globe (Russia, Ukraine, Poland, France, US, …)
- Experience in automation of management of big, distributed systems/clouds/data centers
- Expert level in systems administration in Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu preferred), including automated Linux installation
- Excellent knowledge of Linux automation tools (utilities, bash, jenkins, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of computer networks (TCP/IP, GRE, VLANS, …)
- Basic knowledge of one/several of Python, Ruby, shell, Chef & Puppet
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Written English
- Communication skills to work with large international teams
- Desire to grow
- Experience with Linux containers, virtualization (KVM, Docker)
- Experience with git, github, gerrit
- Experience with PaaS solutions (Cloud Foundry, OpenShift)
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker, CoreOS
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Fluent spoken English
What we offer
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- Entire development process is open source – making it easy to build portfolio
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- Offline meetings with OpenStack colleagues – business trips, including OpenStack Summits (for active community participants)
- Career growth opportunities and ability to relocate in the future
- English lessons in the office