Mirantis is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who has experience leading a small team of software developers. The candidate should be an expert in at least one programming language and capable in at least one other language, utilized in the development of zero downtime, distributed SOA architectures. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in leading engineers with mixed experience levels and interacting with customers.
The service you’ll be working on is in production and is growing rapidly. The service is a next generation cloud-native service used as a backbone for telecommunication networks. Some of the technologies are:
- Microservices architecture
- Linux and Docker containers
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- SDN – Software-Defined Networking
- NFV – Network Functions Virtualization
- OpenStack cloud computing platform
- Amazon AWS
- Lead evolutionary design and development
- Design and develop scalable REST based services with zero downtime
- Provide technical leadership for a small team of software engineers
- Work closely with customers and contractors in a collaborative development environment
- Lead the development practices – TDD, Code Reviews, CI/CD, automated tests etc.
- Troubleshoot problems as needed in the QA and production environments.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites
- 8+ years of progressive experience in enterprise development (Java, C++, Python) and testing.
- 1+ years of Python development exprerience is a must.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Strong background in object oriented design, data structures, algorithms and distributed programming
- Experience with designing and implementing highly available REST services with a clear understanding of cloud-native development eco-system
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Upper-intermediate written and spoken English
- Experience influencing software engineers with best practices
- Familiar with SDN networking basics
- Experience in building UI is a plus
- Experience with issue-tracking systems: Jira, Phabricator, etc.
- Competitive salary (after interview);
- Interesting and dynamic project;
- Career and professional growth;
- 20-working days paid vacation
- Medical insurance;
- Benefit program;
- Flexible schedule.