Mirantis is the leading global provider of Software and Services for OpenStack ™, a massively scalable and feature-rich Open Source Cloud Operating System. OpenStack is used by hundreds of companies, including AT&T, Cisco, HP, NASA, Dell, PayPal and many more.
Mirantis has more experience delivering OpenStack clouds to more customers than any other company in the world. We build the infrastructure that makes OpenStack work. We are proud to serve on the OpenStack Foundation Board and to be one of the top contributors to OpenStack (http://stackalytics.com/).
Are you a talented, inquisitive engineer, who enjoys a fast-paced work environment, solving real world challenging problems, and continuously learning new technology? Are you passionate about open source software and collaborative community software development?
If yes, then Mirantis is definitely the place for you!
- Design specifications and write software for OpenStack including new features and customizations for real world customers, covering all OpenStack projects (Neutron, Nova, Cinder ….), as well as Fuel OpenStack Installer project
- Contribute features, bug fixes, and code reviews to various OpenStack projects
- Develop tooling and automation to test the resiliency and availability of highly distributed OpenStack projects and infrastructure components
- Design ways to enable resiliency and availability for legacy enterprise applications that move to a cloud platform like OpenStack
- Share knowledge with other engineering teams and product management
- Represent Mirantis engineering in the OpenStack community and in front of our customers
- Strong experience in distributed software design and architecture
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience with databases and message brokers (MySQL, Galera, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ)
- Strong programming skills in web development (including clinet side)
- Experience deploying and developing OpenStack or other cloud management frameworks
- Solid Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of Linux networking concepts
Will be a plus:
- First-hand experience with configuration management and deployment tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Cobbler, MCollective)
- Experience with configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, Zabbix)
- Experience in using OpenStack (Rally/Tempest/Shaker) for finding issues with scalability & performance.